Thursday, December 12, 2019

Book on Order .. Ralfy .. UPDATE with REVIEW

A first book from; Ralf Mitchell, a retired Undertaker/Embalmer. Ralfy based mostly in Glasgow Scotland, now living on the; Isle of Mann.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnpfc8uqEw&t=1s
Author's comment: "A humorous autobiography by a whisky reviewer with a youtube channel called 'ralfydotcom' travelling from early childhood memories to an adults apprenticship with scotch and Scotland. People and places are explored and whisky is sampled, and all for the sake of malt-moments." 

It's a couple of days after Xmas .. The book sits waiting for my son Andrew to pick up and read.
I finished reading it on Boxing day.. I've let it settle and now pen my review:
A doff O the Bunnet to Ralfy for having the courage to take this on and marketing it. No surprises in the story line, well animated characters, a comfortable read.. I do detect some literal E150 in a few stories and some chill filtering going on.. might just be my sensitivity. 

No comments: