Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Two similar teas BUT differing taste reactions ... added an UPDATE

Based on my palate/tastes, these two teas provided differing reactions.  Both yield good colour after cumulative infusions. 
The Gong Ting is my choice .. the dry leaves have a pleasing slightly smooth feel. No overt olfactory reactions.  The all important taste: very pleasing with a long pleasing mouth feel in the after-taste. 
The Te Ji falls short with a sour after taste on the middle/front of the tongue. Also the dry leaves have a very dry woody feel.
UPDATE:    Reviewing past tasting notes, I decided on a couple of brewing-blending experiments.  My preference, very satisfactory result is a 1:1 / 50-50 mix of the dry teas and my standard brewing process for loose leaf Shu-Pu ... Now very happy with approx. 80 grams of a custom blend. 

No comments: