Monday, April 21, 2008

Six degrees of Separation: Me and Yunnan Tea

Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that, if a person is one step away from each person he or she knows and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people he or she knows, then everyone is an average of six "steps" away from each person on Earth.

Recognition to the late, Hungarian mathematician; Paul Erdős.

250px-Six_degrees_of_separation 300px-Erdosnumber

Starting with my Colleague: Mr. One

His Friend: Mr. Two

His business partner: Mr. Three

His Girlfriend: Miss Four

Her Friend: Miss Five (now Mr. two’s girlfriend)

Her Friend: Miss Six .. from Yunnan.

Conversation synopsis: Mr. One, Matt “My friend John likes Pu-erh tea.” Miss Four, Afai, “Pierre’s girlfriend, MeMe’s friend (Mr. two, Miss Five and Six), is from Yunnan. I’ll see if she can bring some tea next time she visits.” Mr. Two, Mario was having a beer. (FYI Pierre and Mario are Germans, go figure) If you need high end leather furniture, these are the guys to contact.

The first gift was the: Da Ya, a Gold Medal Tea, from the: Ming Hai factory. Golden Needle White Lily, 2007 tea. (4/13/08 entry One-Off Pu-Erh)

Now the second present from; ”My” Yunnan direct / indirect source. (It’s all about networking.) What a wonderful surprise, DSC03667 

Two large 1,000gm blocks of: April 2007 Cooked Pu-Erh From: Shu Ang Jiang Hong Jun Cha Chang Rong Yu Chu Pin:

Twin River Red Army Tea Factory Honorable reputation Produced Product.

双 江红军茶 厂 荣誉 出品 .DSC03669DSC03670  

Plus a 180gm cake of: 2007 Yunnan Pu Tea culture Development Corp Ltd. Cooked tea.DSC03668DSC03671

5 comments:

Sean McMunn said...

You and your connections dad, great presents you got.

By the way, whats with the "Mr one Mr. two" stuff?

Robin said...

Talked with Sean earlier,discussed the blog, and his resume, I however didn't explain about the six degrees oh well you can, talk to you latter Love me

小 約翰 said...

I sent Sean an e-mail .. see you soon (4/29)

eileen said...

As a big fan of Paul Erdos, I had to respond and apologize in comment-person for using your avatar. I thought of myself as an original thinker but on to the message. Geneticists say that everyone on earth is 1/72nd of a cousin. Something akin to Erdos' six degrees of separation theory I'd say. Best, Eileen (let me know if you want me to change my avatar, I live in a state of detachment.

小 約翰 said...

"We're a' Jock Tamson's Bairns" (Lowland Scots for we're all John Thomson's children) is a popular saying in Scotland. Often used to bring us to a grounding of the fact we are all equal, and we're all the same under the skin. On the Genetics angle. Scots have a much more direct relationship to: Robert Burns ("A bit of a Lad in his day") john