Sunday, April 29, 2007

Xi An - Terracota Warriors

Xi-An, Terracotta Warriors are the main draw for most tourists. Since their discovery my wife has wanted to visit the excavations ..
We managed to see examples when they came to Los Angles county museum of arts in 1980.
Needless to say we did visit Xi An, and in all honesty, the city of Xi An is not the garden spot of China. However, our time at the various excavations was truly awesome.
Interesting picture of the farmer, that accidentally uncovered the main burial section in March 1974.
Picture courtesy of my wife. (there is family anecdote about this picture)
Candid shot of him signing a book .. it should be noted that in this section no: unauthorised or flash photography was permitted .. hence the anecdote .. Robbie should blog her very interesting travel stories ...
No subtle hints here, note the open cash drawerThere are various accounts of the 1974 unearthing, these range from "a farmer" to a "group of farmers" ... That being said this is the only one present at the warrior site....

2 comments:

Hobbes said...

Hah, great stuff - thanks!

I didn't realise that you were a Scot - the surname should have tipped me off. ;)


Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Robin said...

Love it. Thanks for the cash drawer comment, that one aspect does heal some of my horrible feelings in relation to my unusually bad behavior.

I have a couple of questions for you concerning wording, typing, etc. Soooo talk to you latter Love ya me.