Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday - Part One, DaoJiao town

Hold on to your Tin Can, keep the string tight, I'll upload this; Saturday tea extravaganza.
Definition of Wholesale, in context:
These shops sell to local tea retail shops, but will gladly sell to walk in customers.
Local geography:
WanJiang town, ChaShan town & DaoJiao town, are only about 30min drive from each other.
A few months back (9th. Sep 07) I visited, WanJiang town, with its over 400 tea wholesalers, and on 1st of Apr. 07, I first visited ChaShan town, with about 150 wholesale / retail shops.

So today we set off to visit all three of these places:
First up: DaJiao town:

The Ming Xuan Hotel, provides a great visual landmark....Next to the hotel: “Southern Central Tea Trading Center”
is about to open, giving us approx 200 tea wholesalers, specializing in Pu-Erh trading.A new custom built center, the grand scale is a tribute to rising Pu-erh trading values.
This is the first new tea trading center I've seen .. planned access for commercial lorries.

Ground floor is main commercial sales, 2nd and 3rd floors support expanded sales / offices. Unique in this new development is that living space is separate and behind the commercial buildings.

A few have web sites: http://www.99puer.com/ and http://www.guoyancha.com/
The first store being fitted out.. lets see how long before it opens.
Typical shop fitters at work....Organized chaos .. but it works.
 Check out the video 360 degree sweep of the complex:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jonh (May I call you like this?)! My name is Jay.

I'm a native in Daojiao town and feel quite happy to know that you'd been here for visting. Except for the tea, I'd suggest that you take your time to have a try on our famous daojiao porridge, egg pie, daojiao meat ball and so on...

I'd be gald to be your tour guide next time you're around here.

My contact:
E-mail: jayyip_1981@hotmail.com
Cell: 13751216001

小 約翰 said...

Hi Jay nice to hear from you .. I go to DaoJiao often, my Hong Kong friend has a factory there. I will contact you next time I am in town. regards john