Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tea and Biscuits' anyone?

A beautiful sunny summer day in So. Cal ..I set up outside to build a new workbench for the shop.   I’m thinking some tea and biscuits would go down a treat.

Looks like we have plenty of #20 biscuits ???

We even have a new batch of; Taiwan High Mountain Oolong ( Tim, thank you brother) and a hand painted tea mug .. Thx to Jim’s Mom.

This is more what I had in mind .. Pu-Erh and snacks: …. life is good. The #20 Jointing Biscuits were used in building the Leg Frames for my revamped workbench. 1 3/4” x 30” x 72” solid Beach Top .. Surface: 34” off the floor Conventional 2”x4” and 2”x6” lumber ..28 biscuits to joint the Legs and Stringers .. 5/8” Through Dados to strengthen and joint the long side Runners.  I’m thankful the boys came over as I could not lift the bench as assembled .. Solid and very stable.

A nice relaxing project that only took 2 hrs. (stretched to 4Smile)

No comments: