Thursday, July 02, 2009

Monkeying about … the tea-pot

Dave stopped in this morning, and was intrigued by my office tea-pot.  One of the “Monkey Pots”  Organic styling and natural playfulness of the subject matter make these pots fun to use.
Tie Guan Yin being served. This Pot has been in service, about 6 years now.
DSC00255
a1x All three of the pots were purchased in Dongguan. Once I purchased the first one, Mrs. Yang picked up two more, and they went the way of the first.
The other two in the collection.
a3
a1

2 comments:

Jason Witt said...

Those two monkey pots with leaves really evoke the jungle for me. It makes me think the potter is familiar with the wilderness like that. I wonder if he or she was from a small town?

小 約翰 said...

Hi Jason, thx for stopping in.
I have limited info on these pots. They were made in YiXing town, (near the museum) In a small workshop specializing in such organic style pots.
2-3 folks work on a pot with a master overseeing the shop. My friend Mrs. Yang buys directly from them. Regards john