Tuesday, August 28, 2018

New Woodblock … 3rd. / final update

I’ve finished up testing/trialing a Mahogany wood block .. with various Water based acrylics and inks, these on a variety of papers.

Conclusions .. mahogany .. the species I used .. is not suitable for woodblocks / fine carving details.

I’ve selected an Ink / Paper combination to move forward with .. see pictures below.

Also I’ll carve a new block using “different” wood, time will tell if it’s “better” Smile

A pair of sub-standard prints … Colour is not important at this stage !!!.. this is a paper designed for Acrylics/ Oil paints .. not so good for transfer printing … 20180828_100451

Various papers I use on a regular basis plus the Printmaking paper (new to me)paper4The Printmaking paper works for me .. holds the ink .. a few details to work out .. but that will be on block #220180828_100411Paper and Ink combo .. Ink detail below.20180828_100442ink1

No comments: