Saturday, September 02, 2017

La Vuelta .. stage 14

Great to see Rafal Majka capture stage 14 of the 2017 La Vuelta a España atop the hors catégorie climb to Sierra de La Pandera. rmvw1Photo by: Tim De Waele

“I feel great, really,” Majka said after the stage. “I don’t have problems like in the Tour, where I crashed. I came here for the GC and I got sick. I almost went home. I’m so happy. Not because I win, but for my teammates. They did a very good job. The team trusted in me and I’m happy to get the win today. I was pretty confident.

“I have really good legs and actually my teammate Patrick Konrad has done a great job for me. When I saw [Rui] Costa suffering, I went in the first position. I needed to go 10km full gas, as a time trial. Now, I am so happy, but this is very long. Everybody knows how hard the last week of La Vuelta is. Now I know I have the legs and the motivation. I will try for another one.”

No comments: