Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hot weekend and a Firkin of tea (Update 6-11-08)

A banner weekend: 100+ degrees in the south county. This, I’m sure accounted for the new Official: World and Laguna Hills TEA consumption record. Sun up Saturday to Sundown Sunday, all measurements are hereby certified. New record: “A Lot” ..(1 Lot = a few Firkins, but less than a Hogshead) Quality, quantity and lots of fun.

Robbi is off to Hawaii on Tuesday for 6 weeks. I'm planning a trip to Germany and France .. my traveling tea kit will get some frequent flyer miles.

Sean ran the San Francisco, “Bay to Breakers” race on Sunday.baytobreakers2505877206_f7c1e6051d

Sean, post race picture, this one race that I've had on my list, but no check mark yet .. next year we can run together ....05-18-08_0925Last weekend Heather, Kayaked / hiked Kauai’s North Shore, a two day adventure. Some 4,000 foot cliffs, very dramatic.north-mapnapali

Trevor and I made progress on the Patio cover, did mention it was HOT. After our party last weekend .. "We" decided that I should build a "nice" cover. First load of lumber ready for action.....byaJust too HOT .. we called it quits ..bycGood news .. the weather has cooled off and I'll knock this off at the weekend.byb The Main Structure is complete: .. still working out the "shade cover" nearFin Trevor is working to update the transition from house deck to Pool decktrevgrass

3 comments:

Sean McMunn said...

Looks great Dad! Its a shame I cant be there to help out, but I cant wait to see the finished product.

小 約翰 said...

Hi Sean, should have it complete by this Friday, with Trevors help. Next is the family room project.
FYI; Mom is in Hawaii and all is going ok.

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.
It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and
visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
Fantastic work!