Sunday, April 13, 2008

B 4 T -- A Deck

As part of on going home projects .. It was time to finish up the deck I started 6 months ago .. sounds bad, but, about 4 1/2 of those months I spent in China. So last weekend #2 son Trevor came over and we knocked it out by Sunday noon.
The basic foundation is finished ... 365.76 centimeters, square. That's 12 feet in old money.
ndfoundover Trevor drives a few supports as we lay the decking..
ndfound
Trim off the ends .. and I'm spent.
ndcut
Some ground cover around the perimeter, and we are ready for Tea
ndgcover
Now comes some finish work and screens ..but that will have to wait as I'm back in DG China. But a little bird (Robin) let me know a contractor showed up when I left and a new driveway and front entry is under way ... YES !!!!!

3 comments:

Sean McMunn said...

WOW!!! That looks great Dad!

It must of been a lot work, shame I wasn't there to help out a little bit. But now i can at least sand down and put a finish on that table again to make it look nice.

小 約翰 said...

Hi Sean, the table is waiting for you. At least the TREX deck does not require TLC.

Sean McMunn said...

Haha, ya thats a plus for sure. Looks like the back fence is in need of some work, it's getting old