Monday, March 17, 2008

Tuesday and Out of China...

As others set out on new adventures .. I head home .. lucky me.

As a NOTE to travelers:
I've bounced around SE Asia / China for 20+ years. Today was the FIRST time ever, I had had bags inspected at Customs ! The recent terrorist activity in XiAn, Tibetan unrest/riots and the upcoming Olympics have all added to heightened security at China's / HK's points of entry/exit.

On the lighter side, the Customs inspector, commenting on the X-Ray image, .. "That's a lot of tea" with a smile .. Tea does make life better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

MarshalN said...

You got inspected in HKG??

Wow...

I actually know people who get checked every time they walk through the HK customs (and they're local). There are a few "looks" they target. I guess you don't fit the bill.

小 約翰 said...

lz, I see the same thing, surprise is when they pulled in the "western business dude" lets see what happens when I go back. john