Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Japan – making the Tea PLAN CHANGED

Maccha .. for the classic Tea Ceremony

Here is collection ready to set out on my quest. (PLAN B pictures later.. read on)

Tea Bowl
Bamboo Whisk
Tea Container
Tea Scoop and Tea Dipper
I’ll concentrate on getting the tea to yield a taste I like.
This accomplished, I’ll see if I can improve my ceremony skills.
My hotel balcony will be my substitute tea garden come tea house.

Just as I set out to set up my tea house .. all hell broke loose.
Despite its 5 star rating ..
Today! was the day to start repairs on the superstructure and naturally my "Tea House" (balcony) was in the line of fire ...shrapnel everywhere...



RESET .. for now I'll make SENCHA Cha
Most popular of Japanese green teas. This particular one is a middle of the road in price/quality.
I'm using my glass teapot, this will allow me to see the reaction of water and leaves etc.The tea is a pleasing and refreshing mix of a slight sweetness with only a hint of bitterness, the soup is a light green. I must admit it may take me a little time to get used to the colours .. the taste and effects are pleasant. A winner.

2 comments:

Robin said...

No joke about shrapnell, sp. Hope you made the tea inside and not out there on that balcony.

小 約翰 said...

Only a few bits of plaster got mixed with the tea.