Monday, October 01, 2007

A Serendipitous Occurrence

Sometimes its just about drinking tea, add water and serve.
A beverage that gets your engine started and drips substance as required.
The past week has been like that.
Most mornings I brew a couple of teas: Pu-erh and Tie guan yin
Pu-erh is a 13 year old Shu /cooked
My morning Tie guan yin; a new 2007 Fujian, by taste, on the mild side.
My utilitarian hotel set-up...
Long story short: I mixed the Pu-erh and TGY .. I’ve been drinking this combo for the past 5 days. Might be a little sacrilegious to some purists .. but I like it and it makes a pleasant alternate morning drink.
Basics: Brew teas separately pour into separate pouring jugs – Mix in large drinking cup.
Mix various from 50/50 to 25/75 .. all personal taste.
I’ve since learned that combining Pu-erh with other teas is not uncommon in Guangdong/ Canton province.

No comments: