Saturday, October 06, 2007

Golden Week Winds Down

Dongguan: summer is holding on, facilitating outdoor activities.
Sunday, last day of; National Golden week celebrations.

Most of my friends only managed 1-3 days off, as Dongguan is a major epicenter for China manufacturing. The next two weeks will be crammed with: meetings – travel –meetings and more travel.

As I bounce around China, Robin and Heather prepare for another three weeks in Hawaii. Chances are that Heather will take a job and re-locate to Hawaii.
That will be a first for the “Mac Pak.”

As 10:00 am approaches, I’m heading off to play Lock-Forward, in full contact shopping.
Fortunately the list is short: Tea, tea snacks and DVDs. I borough some Taiwan Oolong for my friend Mrs Yang, a bit like bringing coals to Newcastle, but, Taiwan tea is not that common in the Mainland. Li Hong wraps a gift for Da Sha .. Tuesday, I'll go to Wuxi.Its now 6:00pm .. a couple hours after a nice relaxing "Foot Massage", turned out that Sunday was a slow day, not a lot of folks out and about.
Picked up a few things I'll need in Wuxi next week ..

While I was in the tea shop an American came in with a couple of his Chinese friends, none of them knew much about tea. So it was entertaining listing to some of the questions, reminding me that we all have to learn and at least he was in a good place to learn. "There are no stupid questions." (although some come close)

At least I’m lucky to able to venture out, as my friends in Taipei/Taiwan are sequestered indoors, avoiding the ravages of the passing typhoon.

"Krosa killed five people in Taiwan on Saturday as it knocked out power to 2 million homes and drenched the island, according to Taiwan's Disaster Relief Center." "BEIJING (AP) - ...... China's southeast coast Sunday after killing five people on Taiwan and prompting the mainland to evacuate more than 1 million people, the government announced."

No comments: