Friday, September 28, 2007

Song Shan Hu – 松 山 湖

Pine tree Mountain Lake - Song Shan Hu – 松 山 湖
It’s just a name, no mystical mountain retreat with spiritual redemption abound.
The lake, although large, is man-made, there are no mountains and the trees are old commercial plantings. (lots of pictures in previous posts)

Nestled between the towns of; Da Lang and Da Ling Shan, Song Shan Lake, is starting to develop its character/personality.
The full name is:
Song Shan Lake Central District, Science and Technology Industrial Park.

A small, private two lane road, meanders along the east edge of the lake. Out and back, I get about 11-12k run. This morning, just a few minutes after sunrise, I was happy to see some locals out enjoying this peaceful place. One lady, beautifully attired in a light blue silk suit, performed Tai Chi. Further down the road, on the crest of a little bridge, a septuagenarian, practiced Kung-Fu. His attire was from the “I don’t give a dam school”. As I passed by, he let out a blood curdling scream, stomped and punched the air. Impressed, I politely nodded to his wife, as she watched her husband with a face wide smile.

Finishing my run, I’m reminded of the words from the;
Leonard Cohen song, Tower of Song:
♫ “I ache in the places where I used to play”♫

No comments: