Sunday, September 16, 2007

New Pots

Last week I purchased a couple of pots from a Retail shop in Wan Jiang Town.
This pot was on a shelf near the back, on the Ground / First floor .. most shops if they have a 2nd floor .. that's where the higher cost goods are kept.
This pot is by an accredited artisan and is accompanied by supporting documentation.
(remember: printing is cheap and easy to produce/fake)
Upstairs on the 2nd floor: .. the hunt continues
I zeroed in on this .. This is my first pot by this artisan..This is the matching, Water Base, to my 2nd. pot ....
A nice pairing:http://www.hdhy.com.cn/
This shop carries a range of pots made by various artisans. Not unlike a Gallery for "Certified and Accredited artists" Some I actually recognised from my visit to: Yixing ceramics museum.

My recommendation: buy what YOU like and what fits your budget.

No comments: