Monday, September 03, 2007

Book(s) on Yi Xing Teapots

Just got asked:
silverneedles tea review said...
have you found any detailed books on yixings in English?
Short answer: No .. but still hopeful.
Page One book store, in Taipei 101 has a good selection of tea books with a fair selection in English. I was just there on Aug 13th. but no Yi Xing in English.
Just had a thought .. I'll check out Page One in Kowloon, forgot to look when I was there last week... my bad! Also, my Taiwanese friend, Shawn, is in town.. I'll "press gang" him into helping look ...

Many thx for the question .. you jump started a dormant set of "Gray Cells"

just for Ref:
Back in May, I picked up a great book on Yi Xing (in Chinese) at Shenzhen airport bookstore.
details in this post.
http://chawu.blogspot.com/2007/05/book-on-yixing-tea-pots.html
I've since tried to get a second copy, just to have .. but no luck.

No comments: