Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tea Travel (Taipei - InGa visit)

It seems, from the blogs I read, and my own schedule, a fair number of Tea Lovers have a little nomadic blood running through their veins. I just returned to Dongguan from 3 days in Taipei.

Out of the three days, I managed one visit to a great area on the outskirts of Taipei city, "In Ga" or "Ying Ga", "The Parrot" in English. It's a veritable cornucopia of: Art Ceramics, all things tea, and various ancillary stores.
Li Shiang Taur Fang: .... My personal recommendation, this store carries; very desirable, high quality fine crafted tea paraphernalia.
Low end pots start around; 3,000nt (as pictured) with fine examples in the 40-50K range.
Stuff: I love stuff .. the workmanship and artistic expressions are among the best
I managed to drop a few "bob" (in old money). I'll post some pics when I get caught up, one of my new finds is a Tea Pot from Tao Fun Company, (http://www.taofun.com.tw/taofun/) design based on the Temple of Heaven and Earth. Their tea pots designs are truly innovative, executed in quality clay with obvious craftsmanship.

My Taiwanese friends (Xie Xie Ni) added 4 new teas, including"Oriental Beauty", from the 101 tea plantation, to my baggage. I'm half way through a six week trip and already overloaded with stuff to bring home.

No comments: