Friday, June 22, 2007

Very Hot and Humid: 很悶熱 hen men re

In Dongguan it rained incessantly for three weeks before I got here.
The day I arrived, the rain was switched off, the Sun turned on to GAS MARK 4 about 350F or 180C ..
With all that moisture, the relative humidity is a wee bit over unbearable, not a breath of wind to ease the suffering. Other than that, life is good.
Did I mention, my average daily consumption of tea is about 30 mutchkins.
What’s a Mutchkin? You say. An old Scottish unit of measure, equal to .9 of a pint.

The week has gone in blur, Oh that we could squeeze a day in between Wed and Thr. I’m convinced I could get caught up.
Thursday morning I went into Hong Kong, over to Kowloon after lunch, unfortunately I left some unfinished business and will have to go back on Sunday or next Tuesday.
My preferred route to and from Hong Kong/Kowloon to the Mainland, Turbo-Jet Ferry service.
Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal (中國客運碼頭 or 中港碼頭) located at: 33 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui (TST), Kowloon. Approx. one hour trip to Fu Yong ferry terminal.
Fu Yong Ferry Terminal, in Bao'An district of Shenzhen.
Mainland Port at Fu Yong, next to Shenzhen airport.The key: small port, uncrowded, full service immigration facilities (entry visas issued at port)
Heavy rains have brought large slit deposits and debris into the Pearl River Delta.
Dredgers and barges are working overtime.Executive decision .. Saturday will be a day off.
Paulo and I are off the see Mrs. Yang, AKA The Tea Lady.
A light lunch at Thai Basil.
Round out the day at: Song Shan Tea House, in the Hyatt Hotel, Song Shan Lake.
I’ve conclude this to be my overall favorite place to eat.
The menu is eclectic; food preparation impeccable, ingredients fresh, ambiance seems to adapt to your mood, all this, plus a fantastic staff.
Around the lake, Lychee trees are heavy with delicious fruit.That’s the Plan, lets see what Saturday brings. (pictures to follow)

No comments: