Monday, March 05, 2007

Tea and Tea Stuff Close Up

Tuesday, March 6th.
Since I donated my other tea brewing kit to friend (inside joke) I visited Mrs. Yang and re-loaded for brewing on location as it were.
I decided to go with Gaiwan’s this time and wait a few weeks and look for some good hand made Yixing pots.
Simple and pleasing:

Two of a kind:As you can see I picked a really nice set; with TWO Gaiwans, 6 cups and serving jug. The real treasure is that they work so well. The Gaiwans are well designed and fit my ergonomic requirements to a tee, so to speak.
I picked out a single Gaiwan that has fantastic aspect ratios. The diameter, height and capacity are a true pleasure to use. I’ll save this for my favorite TieGuanYin and Oolongs First Brew:

TieGuanYin:
Top rated Taiwan Kao Shan:

I could not resist adding an other Caddie for Pu-erh. Aesthetically pleasing and extremely practical.
The induction hot plate and Glass kettle are a true find. I need to find more and bring them home. The Kettle has great balance and pouring action.
NB, read all caution labels: It's not about spelling it's about getting the message across.

No comments: